How To Register A Company in Singapore
The process for company registration in Singapore is generally considered to be straightforward, but it does involve several steps and requirements that need to be followed. Here is an overview…
The process for company registration in Singapore is generally considered to be straightforward, but it does involve several steps and requirements that need to be followed.
Here is an overview of the requirements for company registration in Singapore:
- Company Name: The first step is to choose available company that complies with the guidelines set by the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
- Shareholder: A Singapore company must have at least one shareholder, who can be an individual or a corporate entity. There is no restriction on the nationality or residency of the shareholders. Local and/or foreigner can own 100% share in Singapore incorporated company.
- Directors: A Singapore company must have at least one director who is a resident of Singapore. The director can be a Singaporean citizen, a Singaporean permanent resident, or a foreigner who holds a valid work visa. For assistance of local resident director (nominee director), you can contact us.
- Company Secretary: A Singapore company must appoint a qualified company secretary within six months of incorporation. You can find more details here as to the roles and requirements to be a qualified company secretary.
- Registered Office Address: A Singapore company must have a registered address in Singapore that is not a P.O. box. You can use your private residential property or HDB flat to perform administrative work and employ not more than two non-resident employees to work.
- Paid-up Capital: The minimum paid up capital starts from S$1 and no maximum paid-up capital requirement to register a company in Singapore.
- Constitution: The company’s constitution must be prepared and submitted to ACRA during the registration process. A shareholder sign constitution at the point of incorporation must be kept at the registered office address.
- Incorporation Documents: The following documents are required for incorporation: Company’s signed constitution, the consent to act as a director(Form 45), company secretary (Form 45B), proof of Certified True Copy of shareholders and directors identification (international passport/NRIC/Certificate of Incorporation) and latest 3 months proof of residential address of shareholders and directors. You can contact us for more detail on the incorporation documents.
- Government Registration Fees: A S$315 registration fee must be paid to ACRA during the registration process.
For foreigners to register their company in Singapore, they will need to engage Registered Filing Agent in Singapore to submit their application. Our firm is one of the Registered Filing Agent (FA20170575) with ACRA.
Once all the requirements have been met and the necessary documents have been submitted, ACRA will review the application and issue a business profile after your company incorporated. This process can take as little as 20 minutes or up to several weeks, depending on the complexity of the application.
Need help in setting up your company? Contact us for more details.