Corporate Secretarial Services
In line with Section 171 of the Singapore Companies Act, every company incorporated in Singapore must appoint a resident company secretary who cannot also serve as the sole director.
Aura Partners Singapore is a registered Filing Agent in Singapore, and our qualified company secretary is a registered Qualified Individual (QI).
Regardless of the size of your company, our corporate secretarial experts can guide you through the process and provide the support you need to set up and run your business successfully. Our experienced corporate secretarial team offers a complimentary one-to-one consultation to ensure compliance before company incorporation and registration.
Our comprehensive corporate secretarial services include provisions to be named as a company secretary with ACRA and share related matters.
Requirement to be a company secretary in Singapore, the qualified individual must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
- Been a secretary of a company for at least 3 of the 5 years immediately before his appointment as secretary of the public company
- Qualified person under the Legal Profession Act (Cap. 161)
- Public accountant registered under the Accountants Act (Cap. 2)
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore
- Member of the Singapore Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Member of the Association of International Accountants (Singapore Branch)
- Member of the Institute of Company Accountants, Singapore
Aura Partners Singapore is a registered Filing Agent in Singapore, and our nominee company secretary is a registered Qualified Individual (“QI”) in Singapore.
Our corporate secretarial services include the following :
- Being named as a Company Secretary by qualified individual staff
- Setting up and maintenance of Minutes File & Statutory Registers book
- Issue of Share Certificates
- Safe-keeping Company Seal
- Preparation of standard resolutions/ documents
- Reminding filing deadline Annual General Meeting (“AGM”)
- Preparation of notice and minutes of AGM
- Filing of yearly Annual Returns
- XBRL Services
- Other ad-hoc services (such as share transfer, change of company address & etc)
Clients That Trust Us
Frequently Asked Questions About Corporate Secretarial Services
Outsourcing your company’s secretarial duties is a great way to save time and money, especially for foreign entrepreneurs and non-permanent residents outside Singapore. The process of registering and owning a company in Singapore can be challenging and time-consuming. The role of the company secretary is vital. One is to help maintain company statutory registers while fulfilling the mandatory requirements from ACRA.
A company secretary is the backbone of every company in keeping up with legal compliance and proper use in Singapore. With their extensive knowledge about the internal governance of the company and the associated regulations in Singapore, A Corporate secretary is often relied upon for advice and solutions. For example, if there is an internal conflict between stakeholders & directors, a corporate secretary will often step in to mediate. A company secretary has the important job of ensuring that the company is compliant.
Given that every company must appoint a corporate secretary (according to Singaporean law), the role may involve responsibilities and obligations such as taxes and accounting records. Talk to us to find out more! We are happy to assist you with any queries, from general corporate secretarial questions to transferring your existing company secretary to us!
Companies in Singapore must appoint a company secretary. However, should you wish to change your current company secretary, the process is easier than you may think. Your new Corporate Secretarial Service provider will let you undergo the mandatory KYC or Know Your Customer process before proceeding to the actual transfer and turnover from the previous provider. Feel free to contact Aura Partners’ Corporate Secretarial team for further queries.